What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (SHP)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by National Geografic Institute)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The NGI has provided a mapviewer application to show the different layers of their maps as requested in these global census. However it not yet available in a downloadable open format for the whole of Belgium, nor is it available for non-commercial use.
We do have to nuance that these maps are openly available for Flanders and Brussels on http://www.geopunt.be/catalogus thanks to the Open Data Policy of Flanders.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Pieter-Jan Pauwels