What data is expected?
This data category requires results by constituency / district for all major national electoral contests. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Result for all major electoral contests
- Number of registered votes
- Number of invalid votes
- Number of spoiled ballots
- All data should be reported at the level of the polling station
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (csv)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Resultado das Eleições published by Tribunal Superior Eleitoral - TSE)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The repository of election data is available since 1945. There is no license available on the website. An introductory text explains that data can be freely used by researchers and citizens but no reference is made to open data. Also on the Open Data Catalogue (http://dados.gov.br/dataset/resultado-das-eleicoes/resource/bfd28046-7236-4a4a-82ef-3e0fcd92771c) no license is specified. Data is not timely on the Open Data Catalogue but on the primary source (website of Tribunal Superior Eleitoral).
2015 - The result can be exported to CSV from the commission's website.
comment of reviewer
About Openly licensed, in Brazil there are no explicit licence for governamental products, is rare and there are no tradition about this kindo of notice in a document. The link illustrates the inferred licence of law-documents, and similar inference must be done for elections datasets.
Accepted commenter comments on license.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Peter Krauss