What data is expected?
National government budget at a high level. This category is looking at budgets, or the planned government expenditure for the upcoming year, and not the actual expenditure. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Planned budget divided by government department and sub-department
- Updated once a year.
- The budget should include descriptions regarding the different budget sections.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV, xml)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Ministry of Finance)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The data is available since 2014 in CSV and XML. The data asset is also available on Finnish data portal Avoindata.fi.
On the page ( http://budjetti.vm.fi/indox/index.jsp ) data is available in PDF and HTML but not in CSV, XLS or neither through API. The page is hosted by Ministry of Finance. The main datasets are the ones Government proposes to the Parliament. The Parliament amends the budget perioidically. See the discussion in Finnish: http://avoindata.net/245/onko-valtion-budjettidata-saatavilla-avoimena-ja-milloin
Machine readable data for 2015 can be found here - http://budjetti.vm.fi/indox/opendata-csv.jsp
Amended link to data. The rest of the submission is correct. Data is in bulk since all data is in one link.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Margit Suurhasko