What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV, JSON, XLS (non-binary))
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Statistics Finland (e-mail email@example.com, contact person Heli Mikkelä))
- Does the data exist? Yes
All the data produced by Statistics Finland as official national and regional statistics is available free of charge and by open data principles in the StatFin database.
In addition, Statistics Finland hosts some charged information services tailored for user-specific or other special needs. The charge is based on the amount of work needed for building the service and checking for quality matters such as data protection issues.
No changes from 2014
Data are available, current, and open.
- Zach Christensen
- Mor Rubinstein