What data is expected?
5 days forecast of temperature, precipitation and wind as well as recorded data for temperature, wind and precipitation for the past year. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data submitted should meet the following criteria:
- 5 days forecast of temperature updated daily
- 5 days forecast of wind updated daily
- 5 days forecast of precipitation updated daily
- Historical temperature data for the past year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (GRIB V2)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Données de modèle atmosphérique global published by Météo France)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The "Données de modèle atmosphérique global" includes the forecast of temperature, precipitation, and wind on a worldwide scale. Data are updated every 6 hour. It forecasts at H+102 hours. All the parameters are available here: https://donneespubliques.meteofrance.fr/client/document/description_parametres_modeles-arpege-arome-v2_184.pdf
The "Modèle Arome" gives a more precise H+42 hours forecast on these parameters for mainland France. The dataset can be dowloaded here: https://donneespubliques.meteofrance.fr/?fond=produit&id_produit=131&id_rubrique=51
Historical temperature data is collected in more than 60 meteorological weather stations, every 3 hours since 1996, and it is made available here: https://donneespubliques.meteofrance.fr/?fond=produit&id_produit=90&id_rubrique=32
Revision: just added the complementary missing information on the historical temperature data that was further added by Claire-Marie Foulquier-Gazagnes via comment.
Added new comments.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Regards Citoyens