What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (json-stat, csv, tsb, xml, pc-axis, excel)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Open data API from Statistics Norway published by Statistics Norway)
- Does the data exist? Yes
License/terms for other data from ssb, not in data.ssb.no: Data is freely available as long as the source is referenced. See http://ssb.no/en/informasjon/copyright
For example data from the statistics bank, where you can create your own tables: http://statbank.ssb.no/statistikkbanken/?PLanguage=1
Previous editor's note: But I've been corresponding with Statistics Norway ( the home of the statistics ) and they've said the same. Their license is essentially the same as the Norwegian License for Open Government Data ( NLOD - http://data.norge.no/nlod/en/1.0 ), but they can't yet write this, though they're working on it. That is, their license is CC BA compatible.
Current, openly licensed data are available.
- Zach Christensen
- Bergheimivar L