What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (WMS)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as 通用版電子地圖(WMS) published by 內政部)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The original website (http://emap.nlsc.gov.tw/gis/ ) is a mapping service online, you have to register to use more function.
In 2014, The Ministry of Interior has built their open data platform (only in Traditional Chinese), http://data.moi.gov.tw/MoiOD/default/Index.aspx in June. They provide the map web service to download to use.
The Principles of Use are compliant with the open definition.
I reviewed this again, since registration is free it is publicly available
- Gil Zaretzer
- lycurgus kk