This is an archived project from the Open Knowledge Foundation and it is no longer active. For any questions please contact admin at okfn.org.
What data is expected?
Data should include maps of lands with parcel layer that displays boundaries in addition to a land registry with information on registered parcels of land. The Index focuses on assessing open land tenure data (describing the rules and processes of land property). Responsible use may enable tenure security and increase the transparency of land transactions. The assessment criteria were developed in collaboration with Cadasta Foundation. For more information on land ownership datasets and where they're located, check out Cadasta Foundation's Data Overview.
- Parcel boundaries (inc. latitude and longitude)
- Parcel ID
- Property value (i.e. Price Paid, Property Tax Value)
- Tenure Type (ie. leasehold, freehold, protected lands, public lands, customary lands)
How open is the data?
It's not openly licenced
It's not in an open and machine-readable format
It's not downloadable at once
It's not up-to-date
It's not publicly available
It's not available free of charge
I have rejected the initial submission due to 2 reasons:
1. After making an account on the National Registry and Cadastre site/ https://www.rnpdigital.com/shopping/login.jspx I couldn't find the data that GODI is searching for.
2. Looking on the geoportal Sistema Nacional de Información Territorial (SNIT) I can see that cadastral georeferenced data does not cover the entire country. https://www.snitcr.go.cr/Visor/index?k=Y2FwYTo6SUdOX1JJOjp6b25hX2NhdGFzdHJhZGE=