This is an archived project from the Open Knowledge Foundation and it is no longer active. For any questions please contact admin at okfn.org.
What data is expected?
This data category requires all national laws and statutes to be available online, although it is not a requirement that information on legislative behaviour e.g. voting records is available.
- Content of the law / status
- Date of last amendment
- Amendments to the law (if applicable)
How open is the data?
It's not openly licenced
It's not in an open and machine-readable format
It's not downloadable at once
It's not up-to-date
It's not publicly available
It's not available free of charge
The original submission was rejected because 1) laws are only available for very specific time frames 2) for the laws that are available the date of last amendment and content of amendments is not available.
The original submission had indicated the following for the data:
- Characteristics: content, date of last amendment, amendments (the last two are actually missing
- Free of charge: Yes
-Up to date: Yes
- Download in bulk: Yes (this should be a No)
- Public domain: Yes (actually this should be a No)
- Format: PDF only